Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
I think I've found the solution to prints lifting at the edge.

There is a product which is generically called "Peel Coat". The product is a spray-on coating originally developed to protect jet plane canopies in storage, or in spray painting booths for easy dust control. Currently it has found a use as a short-term colour change for cars and motorcycles. (Last Sunday my son and I went on a charity motorcycle for beast cancer research, so he sprayed his black bike pink with peel coat.) Here is a picture of one brand of this stuff:

plasti-dip-5.jpg

You can get it at auto shops. In the US it is about $6 per can. In Australia we pay about $US24 for the same can.

I have tried it on my print bed with the following results: Print bed 90C - the print stuck too well. Print bed 70C - print stuck and was a little easier to remove. Next time I'll try to print at 30C, which is a few degrees above ambient temperature (otherwise the print bed heat control won't work)

Old Man Emu
My mate form work used this on his rims on his XR6, it was black, so he did them in matte black plasti dip. The stuff is really cool, I love how it cuts itself... you just spray away and then peel off the sections you don't want like there is magic masking tape underneath. I've seen entire cars done in it too, like bright green.

Here is a good pic of what its like when you want to take it off and change your car colour... if you had the cash you could do it daily.

how-to-remove-plasti-dip-from-your-car-video-57111_1.jpg