Close

3D Printed Shoe Design Contest

Delcam CRISPIN calls all inspired shoe designers to enter their 3D printing shoe design contest by December 31st. The Global Footwear Design Competition 2014 offers designers the chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Milan for SIMAC 2015 in February, where their design, along with two runners-up will be displayed. Designers are asked to design in the areas of men’s formal, women’s formal, and athletic. More details on this shoe design contest can be found here: http://3dprint.com/18763/3d-printed-...esign-contest/

Are you considering entering this contest? Feel free to post your entries in this thread as well, so that we can judge!

I would love to enter this contest. I have been brainstorming ideas that are 3d printing driven. However after reading the contest submission guidelines, entries need to be designed in the Delcam shoe maker software. I haven't played around with it too much, but it seems the software may create shoes that aren't good for 3d printing. Is the focus of the contest to design a shoe that can be 3d printed and worn? Or is the focus to design a shoe using traditional methods (fabric and such) and the best become 3d printed models.

Thanks

I am trying to use the "Draft faces of the Solid" tool on my outsole but am having some trouble. Can anyone else figure it out? Is it featured in one of the tutorials? I haven't come across it.

Thanks