Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
lol yeah - it's not the easiest software to use.
The idiot option has NO variables or things you can tweak and the advanced has everything.
There really ought to be a happy mediium option.

But that said - it does look like a piece of software that's still evolving. It has a section for add in's - much like cura.
The only one it comes with says 'convert image to 3d'.
I did try importign an image and then nothing happened.

I really need to get the manual on to my kindle for leisurely perusal.

Also i had three things on the bed - made an x3g and it only printed 1.
So how do you select multiple models for simultaneous printing ?
I@ve tried all the obvious and standard selection things and so far haven't been able to select more than one thing at a time.
(yeah i know, read the bloody manual lol)
Haha, yes, manuals can be useful sometimes

You can print multiple models by selecting them in the Process Settings:
Process Settings -> Select Models (button on bottom of process settings screen)

This way you can use different processes for different parts/models.

If you have multiple processes then it will prompt the following when you want to print:

And then you can either do sequential printing with clearance height (the height it will build 1 object before switch to the next) or continious printing (most used one due to dual extruders & bars being in the way when doing sequential printing)

Good luck!

EDIT: I was using multiple parts / processes here to do some testing with different variables for optimal printing.
EDIT2: Also; always check the print in the 'Prepared Print' windows before exporting because what you see is what you get! If you only see one part; then you'll only get one part - so go back and change your settings and Prepare your Print again!

Quote Originally Posted by indy3der View Post
Dargonfly, thanks for the answers.

I guess Makerware is sufficient for now, but it seems every time I print something, I'm learning something new. I'll continue to build parts with my own supports, but the custom temperature profiles is a nice feature. I do like that while I'm in a "learning" stage, Makerware has limited options with the interface.
Makerware works perfect too! The only reason I switched to Simplify3D is for the custom supports & ability to add different processes (and doing layer-based settings.. and some other stuff ... )
If you have any questions about Makerware then we can probably help you too, else try the Makerbot subforum on this board!

Good luck to you too!