Quote Originally Posted by jdg56 View Post
I think I'm allowed to have my opinion regarding the value I place on products, and to vote with my wallet. Given that replictorg and makerware are available at zero cost, I believe that Simplify3D costs a lot of money. It would be a nice thing if there were a 30-day trial so one could see whether that pile of cash were better spent on something that delivers better value. I don't pirate software, so I'll pass on Simplify3D for now.

I don't mind paying a fair price for anything that I consider to be of value. I'm reserving judgement on this particular bit of code until I see enough reviews I trust to justify its cost.

Also, I'm far from being 'the current breed of computer geeks'. I was around before there were personal computers, and rolled my first computer from solder and sockets. I know how the market works, and one of the reasons I run linux is to avoid spending large sums of money for software that is available as the work of people who love to share within my chosen community.

No flames intended, actually. We all have our opinions.

Cheers,

John
Nah, I am on your side of the fence too John, That's fair ,can't disagree with you there. The reason I've used pronterface, repetier host, makerware, and replicator G since I got my printer is because they are free and they just let me do what I needed to do. It's only now after some time that I am wanting more out of a printing program, when I first started, I was just happy when the damn thing worked lol.