Close

3D Printed Samus Aran Varia Suit from Metroid Prime

I just love how so many creative people are using 3D printing is such amazing ways. One woman named Chelsea didn't even let the fact that she wanted to print a gigantic Samus Aran Varia Suit from Metroid Prime on a printer with 8x10x8" dimensions stop her. Using a friend's Zcorp 450 3D printers she was able to accomplish just this. Of course it took a lot of piecing together and glue. Check out the suit from Metroid below. What do you think? http://3dprint.com/17247/3d-printed-metroid-varia-suit/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I've played a few metroid games and have to admit that suit is bang on !
    Wonder if the wearer can do a wall jump :-)

Engineer
    haha nice! here is a mac book lid i painted and did some mods to for a customer with that same character. the apple logo got filled and the areas glowing in the suit are lit by the screen backlight. is not a super popular video game character that you see too often.

IMG_3840.JPG

Engineer
    That chick rules.
    Enough said.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    MAN! I wish my friends had a Zcorp 450!!!! I love the finish on that, very pro.

That's pretty awesome. Looking at other people's finished products makes me want to improve and see to it that I am getting the most out of my printer. It's wonderful to know that we can accomplish these things that were pretty impossible to do before.