Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    Follow Serena On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Apart from superman's chin - what else needed supports ?
    Looking at the model it ought to print supportless without too much trouble.
    (looks through geoffs thingiverse uploads)
    WOW !
    some seriously cool stuff there.
    Tell you what you could do - how about a gonzo from the muppets ?
    Well, it can't hurt to ask :-)
    The main area that needed supports was the arms. The cape had a little bit but probably would have done fine without them.

Some updated pics of recent prints:
    Attachment 3070

First off- (really bad cell cell phone pic) but this geared heart printed great. It's so cool! Have you seen this model? It's a remixed one and it works like a charm. Super fun to play with! I was able to print all the parts in only two batches which wasn't bad at all. First batch was around 3hrs and second was maybe 4 or so. I did have to redo the pins with a raft because they kept slipping. Highly recommend trying this one!

Next I tried the t-rex skull that is on thingiverse. Great model- I was worried about the skull but turns out I've had more trouble with the rod and the platform. So this is a new one for me:

Photo Oct 15, 8 56 54 AM.jpg

It's like a strip just peeled off. I tried sanding it smooth but more kept lifting. Like a thread I wish I hadnt pulled. Anyone tell me what went wrong?

Also, the rod has been a real pain. Tried printing it and it lifted off the bed so I rafted it but this happened:

Photo Oct 15, 9 46 46 AM.jpg

This should be the easy piece to print but I can't seem to get it. Any advice?

The skull turned out great-
    Photo Oct 15, 8 57 51 AM.jpg

a little cracking but I think I had the temp too low:

Photo Oct 15, 8 58 34 AM.jpg

This is such a great looking model though- and not too bad long of a print either. No supports at all which is awesome. Had to floss his teeth a bit with some sandpaper, but overall very smooth. I want to try it again with some modifications to my processes- once I figure out that stupid rod.
    Attached Images Attached Images