Close

Hybrid View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
    That bracelet is totally cool! Wow I will have to try one of those!

Thanks to you both on the infill feedback. I figured that was probably it. I tried it again on 20 infill and a little smaller so I could test it quicker and it worked good. Will try it bigger again and make sure.
    Remember if you are using makerware especially, the infill is across the entire model on the build plate.

Example...

lets say you print an entire chess set on one plate, all pieces, in one print and you set it to 10% infill.

It's not going to infill each chess piece at 10%. It is going to fill the entire plate at a 10% ratio, so some pieces will be completely hollow, and some might have infill.. some might have alot, a little, or none.. depending on where they are placed on the bed.

So imagine that chainmail is a chess set, too low infill and you will find some links get none, and some do.

However, if you print 1 single item and set it to %10 infill, that item gets the entire %10 infill. The chainmail I'd be doing at 3 shells, or 50% infill, because at 3 shells it omits the infill because the links are thick enough.

Technician
    Follow Serena On Twitter
    Made one! Thanks for sharing that design Aardvark. That is super fun! This one is ABS. Simpliy3d took less than a minute to slice it- think you said you had that one... it is always pretty quick. I would think that would be a good leveling test print to do too. If I had two I'd feel like Wonder Woman.

Photo Oct 08, 9 18 08 AM.jpg