A while back, I made a post about a purchase I had made on MakerGeeks' website. It also informed other members here that they were (and might still be) having a $20 package where you got a random filament from their site. This is a total scam.

The first thing I noticed when I received the box was that it was already open. This might just be my local parcel, but it was open, then closed. I didn't even have to cut tape to open it. Another thing that I quickly noticed, when looking for the filament type and color on the box, was that there were a LOT of Chinese characters. Everything on the box aside from the shipping label was primarily in Chinese, then subtitled in English. At first, I questioned the quality claims MakerGeeks advertised on the item, considering the description for the item states "I also promise the the value will always be WELL above the $19.95 cost you spend (usually about double)." I really doubt my filament, which looks like it was forwarded to me straight from China, is even worth $10. The description also says "what you receive is new, sealed and in good shape; no junk here." Again, this is not what I experienced.

I received a lime green ABS. When I print with it, it doesn't even stick to a sprayed bed at 0.2mm off the surface of the bed. It clogs a LOT. I tried printing a hand to test it out. I'm now on my third attempt because, on the first attempt, it clogged and stopped printing after 2 hours, then, on the second print, it clogged in 15 minutes. I can't even get my MakerFarm filament to work now because it's so clogged.

Don't buy MakerGeeks' surprise filament package; not unless you want some Chinese filament that cost them $5, leaving you ripped off $15 and hours of wasted time.