All right, just to make things easy this cold, cold morning, I'm just going to directly quote the tech update portion of last night's update email.
Quote Originally Posted by New Matter
On the production side, the last few weeks have been focused on finalizing the production design based on testing and feedback on the “looks-like, works-like” model. Unfortunately, that’s not very exciting as it involves a lot of small tweaks, optimizations, and tuning. The great news is that all of that work has resulted in finalizing production design and being ready to create molds and tooling! For non-technical folks, this is a big step in getting the MOD-t to you. These molds can weight in excess of 1000 pounds each, so it was important to take the time to get it right the first time. After they’re made (which takes a while), we can start creating MOD-t’s that are ready to send to you! Thanks for sticking with us! We promise it will be worth it.
I don't think "not very exciting" is the way to put it (at least I know I sure like news about each little tweak, but perhaps I'm a bit odd)... I mean this is big. Final production design is a go!

And according to their IGG schedule, making the tooling for the final design was planned for November, so they're very close to being on-schedule.