Close

Hybrid View

Still no user submitted videos on YouTube that I can find. Bummer, I'm really looking forward to seeing it print since New Matter haven't really released any "raw' videos just showing in detail how it looks/sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck View Post
    Still no user submitted videos on YouTube that I can find. Bummer, I'm really looking forward to seeing it print since New Matter haven't really released any "raw' videos just showing in detail how it looks/sounds.
    ill try to get something up soon. even if its just a short clip

Staff Engineer
    Well, I moved the printer into the house with reluctant agreement from the wife, and it has been printing pretty much nonstop all day Sunday (all things for her rather than for me... that free starter filament is very VERY pink.)
    While I don't have the time to put up a youtube video anytime soon, a good description of the sound would be a "rumbling and grumbling" rather than the usual printer noises of "whining and whistling" with about the same amount of noise a running microwave.

EDIT: Now that I'm home from work, some other notes and first impressions:
    I really wish I could take a look under the hood of their slicer, particularly the way it does infill seems counter-intuitively effective.
    I didn't notice until seeing it in action that the z-axis screw doesn't ever turn. The motor for the z-axis is in the top portion of the machine and turns a nut that the head rests on. It's a really odd design decision, but considering how much the stringing (or in the case of this pink PLA, plastic cotton candy) gets on everything, I can understand the benefits of the system.
    Seriously, stringing alone is reason to keep the lid on this thing. The fan in there blows like a tornado and those strings get everywhere if you run it without the cover.
    The pinion x-y system does indeed make a very distinctive texture on the print, but it's so subtle that it doesn't even interfere with mechanical movement. But if you know what to look for, a MOD-t print is instantly distinguishable.
    The slicer seems to default to 100 micron resolution for uploaded parts, with no option I could find to decrease resolution... For the vast majority of what I'm printing, that's an arduous slowness.
    Last edited by Feign; 10-12-2015 at 09:36 PM.