Close

Electric Bubblegum Skateboard with 3D Printed Replacement Parts

It amazes be some of the ways people figure out how to work 3D printing into their products. One man based in Atlanta, Georgia has created an electric skateboard which is capable of traveling at speeds of up to 21 mph. What stands out about this skateboard, besides the fact that it is controlled by a Nintendo Wii remote, is that many of the parts are 3D printer, and easily replaceable via a 3D printer. The board called the Electric Bubblegum has just launch on Kickstarter. The creators are seeking to raise $55,000 to go into full production. More details on this partially 3D printed skateboard can be found here: http://3dprint.com/16682/3d-print-electric-bubblegum/

Are you considering backing this for $550? Let us now. Below is a picture of one of the boards. Notice the blue plastic parts which are printed out of ABS plastic.

I rode one of these things last year, made by Altered Electric. It was everything I could do to stay on it. Then again, I'm an old man and it was fun anyway.