Close

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    Where is the RC-7 download located? I thought I might take a look at it.
    It is here: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/RCBugFix You should be using RCBugFix and not the frozen RC-7. RCBugFix is RC-7 with all known bugs fixed.

Also, I know people use a text comparison program to look at the differences between two texts. What is a good free one to use to compare these two files?
    I like ExamDiff Pro. But NotePad++ will do a good job of comparing your Configuration.h files.

Engineer
    Also, I know people use a text comparison program to look at the differences between two texts. What is a good free one to use to compare these two files?
    I use Meld on my Ubuntu Linux box.

Engineer-in-Training
    Wow, looking at the RC7 the comparison might not even work. There are a lot of differences on my initial investigation.

I am running ABL, and that section looks a lot different.

Engineer-in-Training
    Wow, looking at the RC7 the comparison might not even work. There are a lot of differences on my initial investigation.

I am running ABL, and that section looks a lot different.
    Hi

If you are coming from MakerFarm's ver 1.02 or 1.1.0 RC3 files, there *are* a lot of changes. Best to set aside some quality time to dig into the details ....

Bob

Engineer-in-Training
    I tried to load the RC7 but am getting an error in the compile. See below...

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
    In file included from MarlinConfig.h:37:0,
    from Marlin.h:36,
    from blinkm.cpp:28:
    Configuration.h:504: error: floating constant in preprocessor expression
    #define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 29.5 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:85:24: note: in definition of macro 'max'
    #define max(a,b) ((a)>(b)?(a)b))
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:721:53: note: in expansion of macro 'X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    #define MIN_PROBE_X (max(X_MIN_POS, X_MIN_POS + X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:510:37: note: in expansion of macro 'MIN_PROBE_X'
    #if LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION < MIN_PROBE_X
    ^
    #define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 29.5 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:85:32: note: in definition of macro 'max'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:721:53: note: in expansion of macro 'X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    #define MIN_PROBE_X (max(X_MIN_POS, X_MIN_POS + X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    ^
    Configuration.h:637: error: floating constant in preprocessor expression
    #define X_MAX_POS 306.5
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:84:20: note: in definition of macro 'min'
    #define min(a,b) ((a)<(b)?(a)b))
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:722:30: note: in expansion of macro 'X_MAX_POS'
    #define MAX_PROBE_X (min(X_MAX_POS, X_MAX_POS + X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:512:40: note: in expansion of macro 'MAX_PROBE_X'
    #elif RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION > MAX_PROBE_X
    ^
    #define X_MAX_POS 306.5
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:84:24: note: in definition of macro 'min'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:722:41: note: in expansion of macro 'X_MAX_POS'
    ^
    ^
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:84:24: note: in definition of macro 'min'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:722:53: note: in expansion of macro 'X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    ^
    ^
    #define X_MAX_POS 306.5
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:84:28: note: in definition of macro 'min'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:722:30: note: in expansion of macro 'X_MAX_POS'
    ^
    ^
    #define X_MAX_POS 306.5
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:84:32: note: in definition of macro 'min'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:722:41: note: in expansion of macro 'X_MAX_POS'
    ^
    ^
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:84:32: note: in definition of macro 'min'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:722:53: note: in expansion of macro 'X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    ^
    ^
    In file included from MarlinConfig.h:39:0,
    SanityCheck.h:513: error: #error "The given RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION can't be reached by the Z probe."
    #error "The given RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION can't be reached by the Z probe."
    ^
    In file included from MarlinConfig.h:37:0,
    Configuration.h:505: error: floating constant in preprocessor expression
    #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.3 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:85:24: note: in definition of macro 'max'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:723:53: note: in expansion of macro 'Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    #define MIN_PROBE_Y (max(Y_MIN_POS, Y_MIN_POS + Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:514:40: note: in expansion of macro 'MIN_PROBE_Y'
    #elif FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION < MIN_PROBE_Y
    ^
    #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.3 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
    ^
    /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:85:32: note: in definition of macro 'max'
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:723:53: note: in expansion of macro 'Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    #define MIN_PROBE_Y (max(Y_MIN_POS, Y_MIN_POS + Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:514:40: note: in expansion of macro 'MIN_PROBE_Y'
    #elif FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION < MIN_PROBE_Y
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:724:53: note: in expansion of macro 'Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    #define MAX_PROBE_Y (min(Y_MAX_POS, Y_MAX_POS + Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:516:39: note: in expansion of macro 'MAX_PROBE_Y'
    #elif BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION > MAX_PROBE_Y
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Conditionals_post.h:724:53: note: in expansion of macro 'Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER'
    #define MAX_PROBE_Y (min(Y_MAX_POS, Y_MAX_POS + Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER))
    ^
    SanityCheck.h:516:39: note: in expansion of macro 'MAX_PROBE_Y'
    #elif BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION > MAX_PROBE_Y
    ^
    floating constant in preprocessor expression

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    enabled in File > Preferences.

I tried to load the RC7 but am getting an error in the compile. See below...
    There are only a few places where a floating point number is allowed on a #define. For example, #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 3.4 can have a decimal point and extra precision. But even X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER and Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER need to be integers without a decimal point. The same is true of X_MAX_POS and Y_MIN_POS. The reason is the C++ preprocessor can't handle floating point numbers and if you put them into the Configuration.h it will blow up the preprocessor.

Engineer-in-Training
    I don't understand. How can you have offsets without a decimal point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    There are only a few places where a floating point number is allowed on a #define. For example, #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 3.4 can have a decimal point and extra precision. But even X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER and Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER need to be integers without a decimal point. The same is true of X_MAX_POS and Y_MIN_POS. The reason is the C++ preprocessor can't handle floating point numbers and if you put them into the Configuration.h it will blow up the preprocessor.

Engineer
    I don't understand. How can you have offsets without a decimal point?
    Your X and Y offsets should be rounded up to the nearest MM. The Z offset can have a decimal, as it needs more precision.

Engineer
    ^

That may tell us something. Will your X Probe Offset cause the nozzle to go out of the print bed area on the X axis?

On my printer, My X Probe Offset is 40, so my Min Probe X is 50 to keep the nozzle over the print bed.

edit: I see I shouldn't have edited this post. My first suggestion was to drop the decimal points on X and Y offset to see what happened.
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 09-17-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Technician
    Check your ABL probe positions, and make sure that your values will work within the parameters of your X/Y probe offset values. For example, your X probe offset from extruder looks to be 29.5, so your LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION should be > 29.5 or the probe will not be able to reach the indicated position (which would be on the other side of your Xmin endstop). Also, your Y probe is -1.3 so your BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION should be less than your YMAX - 1.3.

These are my settings as an example (and to show you the values of which I am referring):

#if ENABLED(AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID)
    #define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 30
    #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 260
    #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 0
    #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 260

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 28 // X offset: -left +right [of the nozzle]
    #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -20 // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
    #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -4.14 // Z offset: -below +above [the nozzle]

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast