Close

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Yes! I have been waiting for a Beckdac version of RC7 for quite some time. I can
    Get around the code but just haven't had time. Hopefully we can get a Makerfarm version of the latest firmware soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    As a side note to all the MakerFarm people running the BeckDac fork at: https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin

Here are my thoughts: This branch was very helpful and was extremely stable for the last 18 months. People with MakerFarm machines could just load it and use it. And for sure... It would just plain work. It was very stable! (Good job BeckDac!!!!)

Probably what makes sense now is if anybody with a MakerFarm machine has moved over to RC-7 of Marlin, we should set up a directory with your Configuration.h files and make it easy for people to get their machines running RC-7 too. If you have Configuration.h, Configuration_adv.h and a Pins.h file that are working with MakerFarm hardware, please let me know. I'll make a directory in the examples folder and people will be able to duplicate your setup very easily.

Is there a way to automatically issue the g28 and g29 from the firmware prior to printing? I currently have to run it from the terminal or insert it into the gcode file.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Probably what makes sense now is if anybody with a MakerFarm machine has moved over to RC-7 of Marlin, we should set up a directory with your Configuration.h files and make it easy for people to get their machines running RC-7 too. If you have Configuration.h, Configuration_adv.h and a Pins.h file that are working with MakerFarm hardware, please let me know. I'll make a directory in the examples folder and people will be able to duplicate your setup very easily.
    I'm very interested in having something like this. I have a fork of the beckdac fork with customized branches for my double extruder on various MakerFarm printers. I'd really like to get out of that business, but I've been waiting for Marlin to be ready. I'm personally running RC4 and very happy with it.

If there are going to be MakerFarm samples, do you think it would be appropriate to have Itty Bitty Double Extruder variants, or is that something I need to keep separate?

Engineer
    I'm running RC7. So far I have only modified the Configuration.h and pins_RAMPS.h files. Where shall I put them? I had to modify the pins_RAMPS.h file in order to use E3D's new cartridge upgrade and PT100 sensor.

Engineer-in-Training
    I may be stupid but what's the difference between the R7 and the latest fork? Or are they the same?

Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    I may be stupid but what's the difference between the R7 and the latest fork? Or are they the same?
    There have been a family of 'Release Candidates'. We are trying to do a 'Stable Release'. RC-7 is the latest version. It is much improved over the original RC-1. I think we will have one more in the family, namely: RC-8. I think that will be the last and final Release Candidate. And that will become an official Stable Release.

RC-7 is frozen in time. RCBugFix is everything we have changed since RC-7 started. You should be working with RCBugFix if you do any work or are bringing up a printer. But the point is... If you get Configuration.h files that work with RCBugFix (or RC-7) it won't be hard to package them up and make them available for the Stable Release when that happens.

Engineer
    Ok, here is my Configuration.h file, and pins_RAMPS.h file.

MakerFarm i3v 8"
    RAMPS 1.4
    Marlin RCBugfix from August 26, 2016 (#4704?)
    Toranado extruder http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1246951
    E3D 1.75 hotend with PT100 sensor http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/h...grade-kit.html
    Capacitive proximity sensor Z endstop/ABL probe https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00542U3M4/

pins_RAMPS.h
    Configuration.h
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 09-16-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    ...Using Dropbox because there was an error trying to upload the files here.
    Eddie and the admin crew have been fixing things today. Looks like the ability to post attachments is back.

BTW - The Toranado looks like quite an extruder.

Engineer-in-Training
    Where is the RC-7 download located? I thought I might take a look at it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Also, I know people use a text comparison program to look at the differences between two texts. What is a good free one to use to compare these two files?

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast