Close

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Holy Cow! They totally butchered the Configuration.h file. I didn't check the other source files. Do you have a MakerFarm printer? If so, grab this fork, compile it, load it, and it is going to be super close to what you want.

https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin

Even if you don't have a MakerFarm printer, I would suggest you grab this fork, and then start at the beginning of my comments, and use those comments to turn on 3-Point bed leveling.

Yea, not sure why they had to butchered it. I have a Lulzbot TAZ 4 so it was convenient to use their firmware. There's probably a lot of settings i will need to modify to use the Marlin at your link. Can you please tell me the main settings I will need to change and are they all in configuration.h?

Alternatively, is it worth a shot to cherry pick lines from the version at your link and add them to my existing version of Marlin? If so, which lines?

Thank you Roxy. We cross posted, I just read your last response. I was hoping I could just change a few lines, but it sounds like it's better to use the latest version and copy over the #define values. I'll give it shot.
    Last edited by inventabuild; 12-08-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Hello Roxy, it worked like a charm. Thank you.

One last sticking point though. I also tried working with the AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID and whether I put in a value of 2 or 5 for #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS Marlin always probes 9 points. How do I get Marlin to vary the number of probe points, for example how do I get Marlin to probe only the four corners?

Take the settings #define'd in the Lulzbot TAZ 4 s Configuration.h and change them in the BeckDac fork's Configuration.h That will get things very close.

Can you post your Marlin_main.cpp file? I'll take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Can you post your Marlin_main.cpp file? I'll take a look at it.
    Thanks. I did not modify Marlin_main.cpp, I only modified the configuration.h file. I'll post Marlin_main.cpp when I get home in a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by inventabuild View Post
    Thanks. I did not modify Marlin_main.cpp, I only modified the configuration.h file. I'll post Marlin_main.cpp when I get home in a little bit.
    Hi Roxy, I attached my Marlin_Main as a zipped text file. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah... It looks like retract_flag should be within scope. But if you change these line, I think it will compile. You just won't be able to use the 'E' option to force the probe up and down for each sampled point:

Code:
    #else // AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID not defined

// Probe at 3 arbitrary points
                // probe 1
                float z_at_pt_1 = probe_pt(ABL_PROBE_PT_1_X, ABL_PROBE_PT_1_Y, Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING, 0, verbose_level);

// probe 2
                float z_at_pt_2 = probe_pt(ABL_PROBE_PT_2_X, ABL_PROBE_PT_2_Y, current_position[Z_AXIS] + Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS, 0, verbose_level);

// probe 3
                float z_at_pt_3 = probe_pt(ABL_PROBE_PT_3_X, ABL_PROBE_PT_3_Y, current_position[Z_AXIS] + Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS, 0, verbose_level);

clean_up_after_endstop_move();

set_bed_level_equation_3pts(z_at_pt_1, z_at_pt_2, z_at_pt_3);

free(plane_equation_coefficients);
                free(eqnAVector);
                free(eqnBVector);

#endif // AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast