Close

Hybrid View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by eghm View Post
    Disconnected the stops, steppers, and therms then I get the 2 green LED flashes and the LCD displays and the USB device power warning goes away. Looks like there must be a short in one of those, I'll plug them in one at a time and see if I can track that down. Thanks everyone for your assistance
    Oh, yeah, could be a problem in the endstop wiring too. Double check which two of the three pins you're using in the 3-pin endstop connectors. You might have the endstop switches incorrectly wired between +5 and ground. That would not be good.

EDIT: Looking at the RAMPS board mounted on the printer, the endstop switches go to the two pins on the left side of the 3-pin connectors. If they are installed off a pin to the right or the connectors are installed rotated 180-degrees, the endstop switches will be wired between +5 and ground. The motor and thermistor wiring wouldn't be a factor here since neither tie directly to the 5v distribution.
    Last edited by printbus; 09-23-2014 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Oh, yeah, could be a problem in the endstop wiring too. Double check which two of the three pins you're using in the 3-pin endstop connectors. You might have the endstop switches incorrectly wired between +5 and ground. That would not be good.

EDIT: Looking at the RAMPS board mounted on the printer, the endstop switches go to the two pins on the left side of the 3-pin connectors.
    I suspect this might have been the case, having plugged everything back in everything seems A-OK now.