Close

Hybrid View

Student
    speshul41, thank you for your comment,
    At the moment 3d printing head is under development together with other tool-heads. This is why we are seeking funding on Kickstarter so we can finish this development. So unfortunately we do not have any footage of 5axis 3d printing at the moment but as soon as we have some I will post a link here.

Student
    Add Wayne on Facebook

Smile

This machine looks awesome! I'm a machinist by trade and since leaving my career to become a full time carer for my two sons I've been keen on keeping my hand at CNC milling but they're too expensive. I own a 3D printer which I always wanted and now I've seen your new product I would love to have this in my garage. I'm going to do my best to raise £4500 for it but that'll be a challenge with looking after my two sons who have Fragile X syndrome.
    I'm very keen to follow your updates. Can you keep me informed of the progression you guys make?
    Also, what models will the software work from i.e. step files, solidworks, iges?
    Last edited by Wayne; 09-22-2014 at 06:01 AM.

Student
    Wayne thank you for your comment. We really feel for you and if we reach our funding goal we will do our best to help you get one of our machines.

At the moment we are developing a Grasshoper script that runs inside Rhino3d which uses surfaces but with the next update we will try to add mesh support so that you could import and use practically any model imported model. The script and a short manual are available on our website in the software section.
    Last edited by 5AXISMAKER; 09-23-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Student
    Dregalia thank you for your comment. We are using a motion controller that works with Mach3, the firmware will come together with control electronics and the machine. The standalone software package will happen if we reach our stretch goal and in this case we will give a copy to every backer of the project.

The current solution we are using, a Grasshopper script we are developing, we made available now as open source and hope that the community of makers could pick it up and create their own versions and find ways to make 5 axis fabrication practical for them.
    Last edited by 5AXISMAKER; 09-23-2014 at 06:34 AM.