Close

Hybrid View

Engineer
    I got it working to the point where I can access the web page on my phone's browser without using wifi. Current problems are, 1, the webcam I have doesn't seem to work with mjpeg-whatever, and 2, if I upload a .gcode file to the raspi, it tries to send commands even while old commands are still being executed. I have auto bed leveling set up and running, and while it's probing the bed, nearly 60 commands get sent to the printer, which then chokes because it last saw command #13. So for now I'm stuck with uploading .gcodes to the SD card, and printing from there.

Did either of you guys need to use a powered USB hub to get your webcams working, or did they work plugged directly into the raspi?

Edit: I fixed problem 2 by increasing the communication timeout to 300. Now OctoPrint doesn't get carried away sending commands to the printer without a response.
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 10-08-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Did either of you guys need to use a powered USB hub to get your webcams working, or did they work plugged directly into the raspi?
    Nope, I didn't need a powered USB hub to get any of the peripherals powered up. I'm running a Rasberry Pi B+ version with a 5V, 2A power supply.

Hi, sorry for not responding, I've been traveling.

I've read through this quickly, but maybe you can summarize the current state?