Close

Hybrid View

Not too much fear yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Barmonster View Post
    Sorry to disappoint You, but we aren't getting close to the initial KS-rewards, we already passed the first shipping-date (remember the "Superstar Backers" tier!) without confirmation of M3D that they sent anything out and of course no confirmation of a backer getting anything, yet they said in their last update, that everything was perfectly in time, when they were late already. Plus they promised a big update with the final tech specs that is two weeks overdue now. This is increasingly worrying...
    I certainly understand your concern, but I have yet to back a Kickstarter project that didn't run late. We have at least seen pictures, via their updates, that show a number of frames, extruders, and other components - probably real. There are relatively few superstar backers, and I would expect M3D to trumpet their first shipments, but they might be trying to keep things low key while the first round of bugs are worked out. Still, waiting is never much fun.

As luck and irony would have it, an update was posted last night. No word on shipping to the super backers, but there is information on the delay and its causes. M3D has also posted some additional information on the specifications for the machine.

The update is available at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-printer/posts.