Close

Ender 3 Neo - Jam Problem

HiReally hoping someone can help me, I foolishly tried to print something using glow in the dark filament which has jammed up my printer and I have no idea how to fix thisI tried heating up the extruder in the hope I could pull the filament out but it wouldn't budge.I took the blue rings off of the white tube which the filament goes through but still not joy.I have managed to get the shroud off and taken off the nozzle (I have some new ones on order which should arrive in the next day or two).What has also happened here is the rubber surround which goes around the nozzle has fallen to bits so I need one of these but have no idea what its called.So, two problems here.1. Jammed filament in the tube and god knows where else2. Need a replacement rubber bitAny ideas what I can do here. Its very annoying.Thanks in advanceLeePS Never using glow in the dark filament again

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Yes they are called a Sock

Official Creality Ender 3 V2 Neo Silicone Sock

Awesome, thanks
    Will get that/those when I manage to ever clear the blockage

I have a similar 3D Printer and had a block so bad that decided to replace everything.

Throat w/PTFE throat
    Heater Block
    Nozzle
    12/24volt Heater (as I have 12v and 24V 3D Printers)
    Thermister

Then I had plenty of time to unblock --- I only did this once was so cheap to replace next time threw away anything that took too long to clean.

I have managed to clear the blockage, ended up cutting 20mm from the end of the tube and hopefully this will sort it out. I have order another hot end with the tube etc so will replace at some point when this eventually arrives.

I order some more nozzles, I have fitted one of these fine but having problems with the sock. There is only one way these go on as there is one side clear, I get that bit. On the ones I have (5 of them) the hole is not in the centre, its more to the front which means that the nozzle is not aligned to this. Do I have the wrong ones?

I 3D Printed this nozzle box

Image2.jpg

Image1.jpg

I found on t https://www.printables.com/model/154769-nozzle-box

This was a fun project an as you can see turned out really good, an is more than half full.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 05-08-2024 at 07:39 AM.

OK here is a weird thing, I managed to clear the blockage but removing 20mm from the tube (or so I thought). I changed the nozzle and put a new sock on and put it all back together.

Tried a print and its jammed again which is rather annoying, got my new hot end coming next week so that should sort it but not too sure why this would be jamming again.

Any ideas?

I know that the Extruder stepper motor will not move filament until the Hotend is up the temp.

Though we need to determine if the stepper motor is actually moving.
    Some how by hand or stepper motor we need to find out if stepper motor can move the filament threw just the tubing.

Then the throat and finally the nozzle.

I have cleaned the nozzle with a propane torch heating the nozzle to red hot and letting it cool down.
    Then you can heat the nozzle to filament temp and using LCD controls try to move filament threw the nozzle.

Let's see how this works.