Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    I'm only using plus 0.01 'Z' offset on my printer.

Have you used the automatic bed levelling procedure that requires initially using the supplied gauge to get the nozzle height?
    Get the bed preheated to your normal printing temp before levelling it.

There are two levelling choices on the levelling screen, choose the one that ends with the probe checking numerous points. From memory it's the RH choice on the screen.

Is the BLtouch probe showing a steady red colour and not blinking, if it's blinking then the probe is usually either broken or bent and stuck. New probes are cheap enough on Amazon and best to have a few pares I've found.

It's normal for parts to easily release once the PEI sheet and bed are cold. Better than having to attack the part with a scraper tool to get it off.
    Good idea to use a paper towel and spritz the plate with some IPA after one or two prints.

I very rarely take the PEI sheet out to get things off.

I'm guessing that blobs on the nozzle could be needing a bit more retraction to stop oozing, but I'm not good at diagnosing extruder settings.

Suggest taking look at Prusaslicer settings for the none Klipper MK 4 PLA settings, should give you a good start, I started there for their ASA settings and find them very good.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 01-19-2024 at 02:33 AM.