Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    The printer type/name/brand isn't all that helpful without an STL file to print. No scanner name yet? No software name that came with the scanner?
    The two photos of this recent post are helpful. How about a nice squared up side view?

If your scanner will support it, your scans will have to be from multiple angles, including one from the top and one from the bottom, to encompass the axle hole. Additionally, you'll want side views and oblique views.

Consider to measure the outside diameter of the main disk, the outside diameter of the axle cylinder and the inside diameter of the axle cylinder. Measure from the disk surface to the end of the axle on both sides, as well as the thickness of the disk.

Is there a groove along the perimeter of the main disk? If so, provide measurements of the width of the groove and the depth.

If you provide these numbers, I can build an OpenSCAD file in a matter of moments that will represent what I think you have. From there, you could print test pieces and provide measurement adjustments.

Your approach to do this with scanning will mean either a total failure or far more work than is necessary.

Thank you!I'm a newbieI have not opened the 3d printer since bought in 2019, guess that will be a start.When you are talking scanner I gather you mean a 2d scanner , not a flatbed that you scan docs withI will do my best with measurementsI ordered a caliper which arrives this weekAgain, thanksJeff