If you have Cura with your printer, it will work, but find out if you can get a printer profile for PrusaSlicer to match your printer. What brand/model printer did you purchase? You have to have the slicer, regardless of the design software you use and Cura and PrusaSlicer are two common slicer programs.

I'm far from a master with OpenSCAD. If a model is too complex, I won't necessarily use OpenSCAD. You can certainly load the code I created into OpenSCAD and adjust the values to get a properly fitting model. You can also consider to learn Fusion 360 and accomplish the same thing. OpenSCAD isn't for people who want to avoid coding and deciphering other people's code, while Fusion 360 is growing in popularity as a good engineering modeling program. You can download and install the personal version free. There are a number of good YouTube tutorials on the 'net. If you consider going that route, look for Kevin Kennedy's tutorial bundles. He has a pretty clear teaching style that forces one to learn different ways of accomplishing the same tasks/objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by hdtvjeff View Post
Ahh thank you Fred

I will get back to you on that plus another pulley

So basically, the software I referenced that came with my 3d printer is not that necessary?

So If I cam somewhat master OPENSCAD I can do what you did?

Did you program that manually or is the code a result of parameters you put into OPENSCAD (WHich I have installed already)

I am so fascinated with this technology and am committed to once mastering it paying it forward

Jeff