Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    Does this look like your objective?

I've left the axle solid, as there were no dimensions in the post for the axle hole diameter.

idler.jpg

In an earlier post, you ask about which scanner to buy. If you mean a 3D scanner aimed at 3D printing, you'd be spending hundreds of dollars for something that could accomplish this.

One option to consider is to use photogrammetry. There are some free sites, although I've not experienced them. One takes a series of photographs from all angles and the software creates a 3D model. The file generated typically has plenty of background "litter" and often leaves holes in the model. Those holes require repair in modeling software with which one should have a strong background. The results of this process and other scanning methods are not particularly well suited for dimensionally critical parts. The scanning systems that can manage those parts will cost thousands of dollars.

Code:
    $fn = 90; // smoother surface of cylinders
    axle_diameter = 2;
    disk_thick = 1;
    disk_diameter = 10;
    short_stem_height = 2;
    long_stem_height = 5;
    stem_diameter = 2;
    addabit = 0.0625; // provide overlap to avoid z-fighting

module assembly(){
        cylinder(h = disk_thick, d = disk_diameter); // main disk
        translate([0, 0, -short_stem_height + addabit]) // move short stem below disk
        cylinder(h = short_stem_height + addabit, d = stem_diameter); // short stem
        translate([0, 0, disk_thick - addabit]) // move long stem above disk
        cylinder(h = long_stem_height + addabit, d = stem_diameter);
    }
    assembly();

Thank you so much !!!!The axle hole is 1.5 mmIf I needed to change the height of the base and make it pully like that can hold a tire instead how would that accomplishedI can muster up a few hundred on my pensionCan you recommend any model on AMazonAlso, your opinion on the scanner I bought?Again,Thank you so very, very muchI do not mind zelle. venmo to thank you going forward if I need your helpKindest regards,jeff