Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    I can't say with certainty that this is a suitable answer, especially as I scrubbed through the video to determine a rough approximation of value. Tom Stanton's second channel has an entry in which he creates an airfoil/wing for a project. His objective was to completely eliminate the geometry which requires retraction, as the foam-type filament he uses tends to bubble during retractions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJjhMan6T_E If you don't use Fusion 360, this video may not be as useful as it could be, but perhaps the approach will be. His statement in the video that it took him three weeks to develop this method says quite a lot. His engineering skills are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    I can't say with certainty that this is a suitable answer, especially as I scrubbed through the video to determine a rough approximation of value. Tom Stanton's second channel has an entry in which he creates an airfoil/wing for a project. His objective was to completely eliminate the geometry which requires retraction, as the foam-type filament he uses tends to bubble during retractions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJjhMan6T_E If you don't use Fusion 360, this video may not be as useful as it could be, but perhaps the approach will be. His statement in the video that it took him three weeks to develop this method says quite a lot. His engineering skills are amazing.
    Very cool part, thanks for sharing, unfortunately that's the same method I'm currently using. Its very tedious and gets really ugly if your original profile changes or is curved. I use solid works but the principles are the same. The guy did have some neat tricks that'll improve what I have been doing.