Quote Originally Posted by dacb View Post
Very useful details, thank you. I hadn't thought about the other ways the lighting might be useful.

Actually, the need to replace the baseplate for clough42's fan is a big concern I've had. Among other things, I worry that the ABS might heat up and sag.

How is your pot holder/trivet that you mentioned in your build thread working? I think the cardboard I'm using isn't providing enough insulation and this causes the bed temp to drop from 110 to 100 during the start of the printing process (I'm doing ABS right now). I will mention that I did apply Kapton tape the underside of the bed per your idea.
The pot holder thing seems to be working fine, although I unintentionally ended up with a pretty good air gap under the heat bed too. I adjust all four corners of the bed now, and I'll bring the bed down a bit the next time I'm adjusting the Z endstop. 10 degrees seems like a pretty hefty temperature drop. The 10-inch comes with a heat bed relay; I'd probably start by measuring the voltage at the output of the relay and seeing how much it changes when you see the temperature drop. That might at least eliminate concerns that the power supply is dropping or that the wire gauge to the relay is too small.

Seems like a smart move on the kapton under the edges of the heater circuit board. I haven't had things apart enough to install it yet.