Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    Thanks for the timely replies Ray and Printbus. You have both saved me a ton of confusion and most likely mistakes. So this seems like a good day to jump into the firmware to get my bed size configured and maybe get my auto leveling system done. Since both the firmware and the driver links seem to be incorrect for the 10", I think the build instructions need some serious updating, and the firmware as shipped should already be correct on the 10". It would really help guys just starting out (like me) to have the links for software produce the correct version for the printer and the preinstalled firmware be correct for the kit. I'll send some feedback to Colin about this.

I just went through this yesterday for adding EEPROM support. After finding links for three different Marlin firmware but none of them 10" on the makerfarm site, I gave up and cloned the most recent Marlin from GitHub. Once I had a firmware that supported auto bed leveling I decided to add that hardware to my rig. I had to make a small number of changes beyond what Zennmaster outlines. I can provide diffs the next time I'm by the machine. Two that I recall were that some sled code was included in the auto bed leveling but not wrapped in a sled specific #define which resulted in build errors and I opted to keep the software limits on x and y axis travel and disabled them only on z (for the final, not during auto bed level setup).
    Last edited by dacb; 09-08-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Grammar is nice. Use it.

Quote Originally Posted by dacb View Post
    I can provide diffs the next time I'm by the machine.
    See attached. This does not have my changes for software limits for x and y. I can provide those separately. This is against the github repo from Sat. 9/6/14.

marlin.diff.txt

Quote Originally Posted by usarmyaircav View Post
    also being the glutton for punishment, is anyone else running this on linux?
    I'm using Octopi which is a set of packages for OctoPrint on a Raspberry Pi running ARM Linux. I also tried Repetier-Server on the Pi but that was rather unstable and crashed half the prints. I have also used pronterface on the Pi, a Mac, and a 64bit intel Linux box with no problems.

If you have a Pi, I highly recommend Octopi. You can get an SD card image based on raspbian with a fully configured web interface and webcam streamer ready to go. Then, you can upgrade your octopi version by doing a git pull and restarting, as described here. I love being able to star, view, tune, and cancel the print and do manual moves from an iPad or at work, etc.

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    also being the glutton for punishment, is anyone else running this on linux?