Close

Hybrid View

Hello. Did you have any problems with the extruder gears being to close together? Started my i3V 10" a couple days ago and today put the extruder together. Very difficult to get motor bolted on because slots in extruder bracket did not line io well with the motor mount holes. Basically had to force gears hard against one another to get the top screw in place. Result is that gears do rotate freely, and are difficult/jerky to rotate by hand. There is no was to back the motor off and ease the presure between them,Tried filling gears with some success, but still not smooth. Colin says it is normal and they will break in but I'm concerned.

Lights. Much like OME and printbus...

WP_20140905_039.jpg

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Ray has his firmware straightened out, but for future readers let me elaborate the firmware confusion. The Downloads page in the build guides has a statement that reads: "...if you choose to change the firmware you can watch the RAMPS Firmware Video - i3V Firmware Download". At least in my case, the confusion started in my thinking that is one link, but it is actually two separate links.

If you watch the RAMPS Firmware Video, ten seconds in the video tells you to go to the MakerFarm Build Instructions area, scroll to the RAMPS board and click on the RAMPS download link there to obtain software. That will provide you a ZIP file that has the Arduino IDE, Mega2560 files, and firmware source for multiple MakerFarm printers. At about 1:20 in the video, Colin says to pick the RAMPS folder that is the closest for your printer. If you have an i3v, this latter part is wrong. You're actually supposed to get the firmware source code from the i3V Firmware Download link in the build guide. Unfortunately, as of today the build guide for the 10-inch i3v appears to point to the same ZIP file as for the 8-inch.

So, the Arduino IDE and Mega2560 files come from the MakerFarm Build Instructions - RAMPS area. Source for the 8-inch i3v comes from the firmware download link in the build guide for the 8-inch printer. Firmware source for the 10-inch printer either comes from the link Ray provided or by using the source for the 8-inch except modified for the three #define statements mentioned earlier.
    Last edited by printbus; 09-08-2014 at 10:23 AM.