Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Sharebot Q - Dual Filament, single extruder launches

Sharebot has announced yet another new 3D printer which will be showcased at 3D PrintShow in London this week, along with the Sharebot XXL and Sharebot SnowWhite. This one is called the Sharebot Q, and it is the 3rd generation of professional 3D printers by Sharebot srl. It follows in the footsteps of the Sharebot Pro and Sharebot NR (Next Generation). It features a dual filament single extruder, which I'm personally excited to see. It also has increase the print speed of previous model, and the quality should also be better. Read more about this new 3D printer at: http://3dprint.com/13682/sharebot-q-3d-printshow/

I'm curious to see the feedbacks of that dual filament single extruder solution.
    It's cheaper to have this mixing unit than a second hot end. Having one hot end avoids the problem of restricting the build volume due to multiple heads. And it's probably interesting for Deltas on a pure mass gain point of view.
    But, if you have 2 different materials it's impractical to change the temperature once at each slice as that'll slow you quite a bit. Or you can just ignore the temp difference in the 2 materials and go with the hottest. Therefore I wouldn't be surprised if it's more prone to jamming and either slow or the quality of the low temp material will not be great.