Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    This was more a representative sample than a final model, as until now there were no specifications. Does the model resemble your objective, if one ignores the dimensional aspects? That is, the top of the cylinder is a larger diameter and has no holes, as they would puncture the sides. Should the entire top have holes and allow the sides to be punctured?

Would you care to provide height, bottom and top diameters? Radial arrays are more difficult (for me) to accomplish, while rectangular arrays will have elements that subtract from the surface, again a limitation of my skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    This was more a representative sample than a final model, as until now there were no specifications. Does the model resemble your objective, if one ignores the dimensional aspects? That is, the top of the cylinder is a larger diameter and has no holes, as they would puncture the sides. Should the entire top have holes and allow the sides to be punctured?Would you care to provide height, bottom and top diameters? Radial arrays are more difficult (for me) to accomplish, while rectangular arrays will have elements that subtract from the surface, again a limitation of my skill set.
    Actually, there is no specific object right now. I'm looking for some kind of process that works on any object. In that regard, the dimensions of your object work just fine. It should be however adaptable to any other kind of shape or form. What I want to achieve is something like having an object of whatever shape or form and put a sieve cloth over it which covers every side of the object and of course I need the printer to be able to print this kind of thing. It is not that easy to explain, and english is not my mother tongue.