Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    what temps and speeds have you tried ?
    I have varied the speeds and reduced the retraction to 2mm, even turned it off on one print
    Also - have you tried slicing with a different slicer.
    I tried the same model with Cura my default, and Prusa. Both prints failed the same way, at the same level, (6) the Prusa one was using the stock settings for the most part. Cura was tweaked to what I know worked with this PETG
    And does it stick on a different model ?
    The only sucsessful print that I got was a 13mm square cube for a robot vacuum brush hub, and even then I did hear the occasional "click"
    Also consider mounting the extruder on the hotend carriage for a dirct drive setup.
    Waiting for time to do all of the mods at once
    Bowden tubes create a lot of friction and it changes all the time, as the angles of bend in the tube change.
    These recent prints are small, bowden tube has a gentle sweep to the hot end, and the print is only about 80mm x 50mm
    I've never yet seen a creality printer where they've given any thought to the tube length and placement. And with a standard cartesian printer - like the ender 5 - a direct drive conversion is just the very first thing anyone should do. Switching to a direct drive extruder setup, removes the constant changes in friction, giving a more even and smoother flow, and also massively reduces the lenth the filament that needs to be pushed. Also Have you levelled the bed since the problem started ?
    I level bed prior to every print, and watch the first layer to make any fine tuning needed
    Unless youve already changed the levelling nuts to nylock locking nuts - then the bed will stay level for a couple prints if you're lucky. Change to locking nuts and it pretty much always stays level.

Prusa Sliced

Cura Sliced

Solved

Number of different things. Most prominent was the tensioner on the extruder drive was too tight, I had to remove the nutset used to drive the spring. Enclosure that I put it in to keep in heat was making the filament softer exaggerating the problem with the Extruder. Step tuning went way out on the extruder Had to adjust to 117.5 Printing OK now.