Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    So did the sphere work ? I'd be amazed if it did.

I got the fan working and it was going well when the computer died. Need new psu - and I was busy thereafter with other things.
    I'll change psu's and try again later :-)

But I did discover one drawback to the ducting adaptor. Bloody thing hits the bulldog clips. So now I'll have to figure out a system to hold the aluminium plate in place that's super low profile.

The little bit of sphere I printed yestreday before the power went - was a huge improvement. So it's definitely working :-)

Far as the nylon goes - it was christmas present, so no idea where it came from.

but 3dfilaprint do the nylon bridge at a reasonable price. And that's supposed to be a lot easier to use than the 618 I've got.
    http://www.shop.3dfilaprint.com/bridge-70-c.asp
    Cheaper than any I've seen on ebay. And avoid the ebay stuff that just says 'nylon' without any other description. I'm not saying it's all garden strimmer line - but it's probably closer to that than to the taulman stuff :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-18-2014 at 06:08 AM.

I forgot all about the sphere and printed the 'Helix challenge' to see if I could get some good 3-4cm bridges. ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4659 )

Good to hear that the ducking adapter worked, sad to hear your PSU died though ;o
    Don't you have sunken screw holes in the Aluminum plate? that would solve the issue of the bulldog clips.

I will print a full sphere (without supports/raft) tonight - I think it will be doable - and make some pictures together with the double helix outcome.