Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
lol
The height adjust will not affect the amount of material extruded, not getting material right away is a bed level problem, if i dont see material coming right away, i push the bed down with my hand slightly so i can see if this is the case, obviously if the bed is too close to the extruder outlet then it essentially blocks the material. TIP level the bed at the temperature you plan to use it at i.e level at 110c if using a heated bed, or level at room temp if running at room temp.

Try and set the bed temp off in the tick box, last as i have noticed it seems to default back to heated bed on if you adjust other setting last, and remember to save settings.

Print PLA on blue painters tape not kapton you will save your expensive kapton tape and removal is a bit easier from the cheap throw away tape.

fast speed low bed temp for PLA on blue tape

Some people heat bed to 60c (its the materials Tg that makes it stick) others use no heat, I do not , i dont think it matters in my experience.
But if the amount of material extruded (per second) stays the same then how can it print with a higher or lower layer thickness? Higher layer thickness should mean more material extruded per second right? (If I'm completely wrong please say so.)

I see now; when I turn of the heated bed I have to safe the settings and not change anything else because then it resets.
I will get some blue painters tape! Thanks for the tip.

Will fiddle around with temp and speed settings tomorrow! Thanks again for the advice!

For now I have another print to show:

infill 20%
walls 2
speeds 40 / 70
temps 230 / 230 / 30 (bed)
material ABS (white) / PLA (blue)

During printing the tail + some ABS came loose from the bed:

In the end all the other small ends (feet + head) of the blue dragon also lifted from the bed a bit. So it's not just the ABS that does this! (Also near the end probably means that there is less heat at the bottom, should I increase bed temp?)

The PLA extruder kept dripping createing this masterpiece at the edge. The ABS left some white spots; but not that much.

There is some strange 'wiggling' in the ABS in the first few millimeters, but this could be due to the lifting from the bed.
Here is the full album: http://imgur.com/a/VaRXK

Enough messing around for today; tomorrow I'll do some proper tests to get the right bed height, temps, speed, walls, infill, etc. for some parts I would like to make.