Quote Originally Posted by jaguarking11 View Post
That must be one fast beast. Are you looking into light weight build for the head? I have an idea of making the carriage and the hot end one part. Should reduce the number of steel fasteners and reduce the weight drastically. IF your printing in abs, use abs carriage, if your printing in pla still use an abs carrige. My pla parts warped after 2-3 prints.

I went oversize with my build and I am using abs, this means the main moving parts are like 2x the weight they should be, maybe more. Tuning and tweaking is next. I am liking the alu extrussions. I will be experimenting with a different rail system once I have my heated chamber built. I printed a 220mm long part yesterday. It took about 12 hours, and at the end I had some ridiculous lift on the edges. The part is still usable as it looks like a uniform lift, but the part warped 3mm on each corner. I have to get a heat spreader and heated chamber built asap or else this thing wont be able to do the rest of the parts I need.
I have to admit. it's the first machine I've used/built that has a feeder external to the head. I have never really liked the idea of feeding the filament from half a meter away from the head. I am keen to try it to see how light it makes it and if they makes much of a difference, all I can go on is youtube videos so far and they look great

I would love to say I used a couple of machines to print my kossel parts, but the only one I could get the corners to print without warping was the flashforge, with 50% infill they take a long time to print need a fair bit of heat.