Close

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    Agreeing with everyone above. A better designed site would work great, even if you're just starting out, it will direct more traffic to your site.

Technician
    Site design, variety, and organization. Right now items are grouped for collecting as many like items together as possible which is logical, but it does lead to the appearance of a small selection and a little bit of an odd browsing experience. Keeping the items organized, but grouped differently may provide more depth to both the browsing experience and to the site / layout itself.

Website looks like it was made 10 years ago, needs to be redone

website could be a lot better in my opinion. Also, a more variety in materials and colors would be great!

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    Q: What would you change about JustFilaments to make it better?

A: See list below for recommended enhancements:
    - 1) Brighter Color Scheme (it should be fun, colorful, and easy to read)
    - 2) Preview shipping charges before having to checkout or enter anymore info than a ZIP code. Its a feature that is highly neglected and can deter a lot of sales. Customers like to be able to add to their cart and see the shipping charges immediately.
    - 3) I never made it to the payment area, but I would make sure you have multiple payment options. PayPal, Google Wallet, ect.
    - 4) Get your own URL. No one feels safe hitting a link to only get redirected to an odd URL location (it feels uneasy buying from a site that ends in "bigcartel.com").
    - 5) Needs more detail. Add image boarders, give your menus clear definition, & set the text to a more standard font.

Home page is simple but lacks anything to get me interested in your product. The photos are inconsistent which makes me feel there's been very little time invested in your site. That's ok if your product is good, but I feel that a clean and consistent design is key. Product images are different sizes and some photos are washed out. A consistent photo of each will greatly help clean up the look. And you need more details and descriptions on the materials you provide. Prices are good and I might assume that the quality is good. I might consider buying some of your glow-in-the-dark filament at a later date but I would like to see reviews and ratings by other customers. Best wishes!

Student
    I like the clean simple easy fast loading of the site. Tons of fancy junk other sites have is not needed and often takes away from the products.
    Slow loading pages because of lots of trash at other sites lose them sales!

Better pictures of the products and some good images of items made would be nice
    Definitely add you location info, I seldom buy from unknown stores that do not even tell where they are located at!
    $0.99 shipping is good, but from where and how long does it take? How is it shipped, USPS, Fedex, UPS??
    Light gray text on dark gray background will be hard for many folks to read.

Certainly need more products.

Looking around all the sites I been to selling filament I think $35 a roll sounds rather high. If there is a reason we should pay higher prices like great quality it needs to be stated.
    As a consumer just finding your site I don't know the difference between you and a seller on Ebay, you need to give me an idea why I sould buy from you, and at the higher prices!
    Right now I could buy Green ABS 1KG roll from you for $35 and $0.99 shipping so $36.
    Ebay seller I can buy Green ABS 1KG roll for $14.81 and $7 shipping so $21.81 also I can buy more rolls adding $3.80 each extra shipping.
    So 3 rolls Ebay is total $59.03 or your site 3 rolls total $105.99
    You may have the best filament and maybe many reasons I should buy from you but your site is not showing me why.

I often find that free shipping or $0.99 cheap shipping simply raises prices on the items and hurts sales, if that's that reason for $35 rolls then maybe rethink the shipping?
    For example when I was running through tons of DVD-r disks and cases years ago I had 2 places I bought from.
    One charged shipping but had lower disk prices, they got the bulk of my sales as saving $5 a pack on 100 disk packs more than paid the cost of the shipping because I bought large orders. I did not buy DVD cases from them though as being large and bulky packs shipping was too high even though their prices were lower.
    The other place I bought from all the time had free shipping on everything. They simply had higher prices to cover the shipping cost though so that made their DVD-r disks too pricey and I never bought disks from them. However since DVD cases cost allot to ship I paid the extra $0.05 cost on cases for the free shipping which saved me allot of money because again I was buying 100's at a time. $5/100 more for the case saved me $10/100 on the shipping!

So of course a balance must be reached which results in more sales!

You really need to put something on the site about how you expect to be paid for the order!
    I am at checkout now, just looking not going to order though, and I see you want my contact info etc.. already and I have no clue how to pay you yet! Do you take credit cards only, Paypal only, both, expect a mailed check??
    Before I will enter any personal info on any site I need to know all the details of the sale, Payment method is one of the most important!
    If I where to really be going to place that order the only way I would be paying would be with Paypal and at this time I don't even know if you do Paypal or not! Probably need to get the payment info on the main pages somewhere and for certain on the shopping cart page!

I hope some of that helped and I mean it to all be helpful from the way a consumer would look at it, not trying to be nit picky.
    I have my own online store also and I had to think about much of the same things myself to decide how to set mine up.

I sell many items, low cost and expensive, small and large ones. I decided best for me was to do like $8 shipping on any order and Free over $75
    For me this does a few things. It helps to encourage larger orders that I want so they get the free shipping.
    It's a pain to mess with 1 order for $10, so in most cases I might lose that single item cheap order as the item would cost them $18 total.
    If they do order that one cheap item then I got the shipping covered most the time and maybe an extra $1 or so.
    I have nice items for just $2 each, but no profit on those worth messing with them 1 at a time, but good to sell with other items. I lose the sales for 1 each.
    For a $20 sale I make a little and most items are covered for $8 shipping though a couple I may lose $1 on.
    I actually start to make a decent profit on a $50 sale, though it cost more than $8 to ship that order so the customer gets a deal on shipping, part of my profit covers the extra cost of shipping, and I still makes enough money to be worth the sale.
    At $75 I make enough I don't care about paying the shipping costs myself and still make enough money to be worth making the sale.
    Chances are a sale for free shipping will be more than $75 because many people want to make the most of a good deal, why buy $75 now for free sipping then $25 later and have to pay shipping on that, they just place one order for $100 NOW instead of 2 orders separate.

Works the same way for me when buying also. I bought 3 beer making kits at one time because buying 2 kits got my total up enough for free shipping, but buying the 3rd separately a week later would cost me $12 shipping on that one. So I placed the order for all 3 at one time though I only needed 2.

Reaching the correct balance is critical. For example with the beer kits.
    Shipping 1 kit costs that company allot so costs me $12. It costs them maybe $2 extra shipping for a second kit but they made much more than that selling me the second kit and I got free shipping.
    That 3rd kit might cost them only $2 extra shipping but they made allot on it and I still got the free shipping.
    When they had free shipping I normally only bought 1 kit at a time as it was no savings to buy 3 at a time, so every kit 1 at a time cost them allot more money to ship.
    Though the beer kits did not go up in price they did have to start charging for the shipping when prices on everything went up! So now at $12 per order for shipping it would cost me $36 to place 3 orders 1 kit at a time which cost them allot each to ship also.
    It's a win for them to ship 3 kits cheaper at one time and a win for me to save $36 on the free shipping deal after $XX size order!
    Their $12 flat rate shipping I'm sure kills sales for $5 items but those orders would cost them allot to process and ship with little profit anyway so losing those tiny orders does them no real harm but they still have the items we need for when we need to buy them on the large orders and they make money on them then.

It's all about proper balance.

Student
    Follow moke1180 On Twitter Add moke1180 on Facebook
    What would you change about JustFilaments to make it better?

A better looking website that can be easily monuvered and a better selection of filaments.

Follow rvanwaes On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

This is a question posed by JustFilaments
    Earn 1 additional entry for replying to this thread and answering the following question:

What would you change about JustFilaments to make it better?

Additional filaments or colors would make me more likely to return to the site when I need more. With as few options as there are, try to make the photos more consistent - take your own pictures with similar lighting, angles, and packaging. Work on branding for your site (i.e. logo, heading, etc)

The site could be easier and more exciting to navigate through. Having a "product on display" at the very top of the page would catch my attention.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast