Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    I couldn't let this one go, especially since curious aardvark, our fearless leader provided me with a few brain nudges, probably without realizing it. Even worse, I can't recall what the nudges were, but they appear to have been useful.

I used Meshmixer to separate shells, which resulted in a few artifacts, two wiper components per wiper, an inner and outer shell. The inner shell, artifacts and wiper parts were easily trashed. The remaining wiper parts were laboriously hand-selected, deleted and the model repaired within Windows 10 3DBuilder.

Once a confirmed manifold shell was accomplished, it was loaded into Lychee Slicer Pro 3.62 and hollowed, then exported.

As can be seen in the image attached, the walls of the Tesla are now far more uniform. The image is merely a plane cut not executed, to easily show the interior of the model. I believe the wall thickness is 2.5 mm which should provide for some scaling in the downward direction without destroying too many features. If an adjustment is needed to this thickness, it is easily accomplished.

The attached files are of this specific model. I also have one model in which the entire vehicle is a single solid mass. If requested, I will post that.

Please advise if this is helpful and if any other actions should be taken to make the model more effective for the intended purpose. Note that the windscreen wipers have been removed in the interests of convenience.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files