Close

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    i would like to see more metallic coloring.

Student
    Follow MAKR Inc On Twitter
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    If it counts, I have to jump ahead and say this 4D printed carbon fiber, wood, etc...programmable materials. 3D printing has yet to even peak and MIT is already onto adding the next dimension of capabilities. Its like how 2K resolution was coming out, then 4k, a month later 8, soon after japan with 16k. Programmable Printed Materials is on next level, and I am extremely interested to witness the future of these technologies unfold. We're starting up shop on Mars in T-minus 8 years and we have the resources to send a 3D printer to begin the first settlement! Mind=blown.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    Easy, A 6' x 6 ' multi-color, multi-material, printer/scanner duo that would print anything from 'Cake Boss' cakes to working electronic mechanic toys. Monday I could design/print/taste my 'Breaking Bad' wedding cake. Tuesday I would print my 3d/4d new feathered Abssinian Lovebird friend..featuring 100 blue energy battery life, auto-balances on shoulder, flies, owner/friend facial detection & greeting. All of the potentially cool things having a smart bird as a pet robot would enable ( like a wikipedia on your shoulder!) and that could be programmed and controlled from your smart devices. Wireless electric charging of course too ;-) Truthfully, I do tend to ask for too much. But impossible is not a word that carries much significance nowadays.
    Last edited by MAKR Inc; 10-23-2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Poor grammar before I read it myself :P

Student
    Follow MAKR Inc On Twitter
    Aerogel filament spools for the masses!

Technician
    Follow Serena On Twitter
    Flexible materials seem to be difficult to work with on desktop models at this point. But that's something that I'd love to see improve. Definitely more color choices and multi-color spool packs for new users to have a variety to choose from without buying tons of new spools.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    2 things really fashion is one - 3D printed clothing rather interesting
    And - ProtoLabs had a 3D printed vintage Lucas tail light lens. As a guy with not 1 but 2 Daimler SP250s in the garage - printing spare parts would be incredible

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    Have a printer big enough to make body panels for a car. The quintessential Americana artform would now be in the hands and affordable to everyone.

more conductive filaments would be cool

Graphine, lithium and gun powder.

Recyclable filament

A line of biopolymer-based filaments would be interesting: for example cellulose, starch, collagen, agar, etc.

*Ceramic filament
    *a material that is better for lost material casting of metal

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast