Prusa are not as expensive as they may first appear. They are brilliantly designed using high quality components from trusted suppliers, but the true value of their printers goes well beyond the base hardware. The customer support is generally excellent, the firmware is updated with genuinely useful extras quite frequently and supplied for free (as is the prusa specific slicer software that is a pleasure to use), the accessories Prusa supply (such as their Smooth PEI, textured and satin powder coated print sheets) are often unrivaled in quality, and their own range of filaments are truly excellent quality. The ecosystem is designed to work effectively and efficiently, and the printers are extremely reliable. The amount of time saved printing rather than fiddling before and after every print is impressive, and the print quality is excellent. I started the hobby many years ago with a Malyan m150 and then bought a tronxy x3a. I learned on these machines and got to grips with understanding the ins and outs of hardware and printing techniques before buying a Prusa mk3. I now have 2 x mk3s machines in a bespoke vented enclosure and I'm so impressed with Prusa that I will very likely buy their kit again in the future.