Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    My thought was with the 0.25 it would just make the model smoother, this would be for printing a fuselage or wings.
    oh well that's not a problem.
    Sanding blocks and sanding cloth ar your bestest buddies here :-)
    pla & petg sand brilliantly and fairly quickly.
    I also use microfiles a lot and have a cheapo heat smoother kinda thing tool, that is pretty useful.
    It's essentially a usb powered soldering iron with a specially shaped head.

Nylon and polyurethane really don't sand - at all lol
    But you can heat smooth them.

And you can always paint with varnish or resin for a super smooth finish.
    petg I find really sands smooth quite quickly. And as it's a little tougher than pla - would be ideal for planes. You see a lot of quad designs using pet-g.

Love the idea for the doggy prosthetics.
    I have a 'bionic' dog - she had a cruciate ligament go and they vet actually reconfigured the joint to work without needing a cruciate ligament. So she's now got a metal plate holding it all together.
    The leg is better than new.

Many years ago we had a dachsund who lost the use of his back legs. We ended up carryng the legs in a sling (pair of tights) - it never seemed to bother him and after a number of acupuncture sessions, he actually got enough usage back to walk on his own again.
    Which our vet had claimed would never work.

But if those little wheeled carriages had been around, we'd have definitely got one, he'd have been death on wheels for sure lol
    He was still beating up staffordshire bull terriers with his dodgy back legs. Toughest dog we ever had.
    Loved people, hated anything on 4 legs taller than he was.

If you ever need any help with that, let me know.

Back to the tenlog - if you look at the amazon reviews, they tend to lump a lot of reviews for different models from the same maker into listings for different models.

So for best comparison - make sure it's specifically the 600 watt 300c nozzle (useful for nylons, and some other industrial at. filament types) review you are looking

And I know it's cynicism verging on paranoia, But I'd put money that a lot of negative printer reviews have been 'sponsored' by creality.
    They pay a lot of youtubers - so why not amazon reviewers as well. From their point of view it definitely makes marketing sense.
    But that could just be my sneaky criminal mind at work there.

As far as I can see the tenlogs have changed a fair bit from the earlier models.

No 3d printer is ever perfect, and always expect to add some custom modifications.
    That's modifications, NOT upgrades.

Modifications are cheap and often done with printed parts.
    Upgrades are when you go out and buy new hardware - almost never necessary.

Example: my sapphire pro has no upgrades, just modifications.
    I printed a simple bracket that converted it to a direct drive extruder. And printed a top mounted filament holder and changed the printbed nuts from standard to locking nuts. And updated the firmware.
    IT's been levelled only twice in about 20 months.
    Once when I set it up and once when I had to change the nozzle over, after cocking up a previous nozzle change.
    Heat the bock up and make sure you've tightened it properly - yeah lol

I can't see anything on the tenlog pro model that would need to be upgraded.
    But there are most likely modifications you can make.
    My delta is still all stock parts - but I did do a fair bit of modification: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2386628
    Zero upgrades and I think all the mods were printd on the actual machine.

So don't necessarily expect to need to make any changes, but don't assume, if any are needed, that they'll be difficult or expensive either :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-09-2022 at 10:33 AM.