Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
If you are getting a slower feed through the nozzle, your extruder is slipping or your nozzle temperatures are too low. One of the methods I've seen for setting e-steps is to make a mark on the filament (direct drive) upstream of the entry point to the extruder, with a frame reference to determine starting point. Make a mark 100 mm farther away from the first. Command the 100 mm feed. If it's incorrect, adjust as needed. In your case, I'd suggest to ensure there is no slipping and that temperatures are correct.
Thanks for the response.I've measured 120mm from the entry point, and then measured the remaining distance after extruding 100mm. So this is somewhat the same technique. Another possibility is to remove the bowden tube, cut the filament flush and extrude another 100mm. Then only need to measure the actual extruded filament. This saves a lot of filament.I believe both values of both methods should be (nearly) the same.

So it has to do something with the preasue I guess. Doesn't seems like something is slipping/skipping because I have a lot of tension on the clamps and the gears keeps even turning while extruding.

Maybe it's the filament I used. It's quite old and t seems to generate gases in the nozzle.

So suppose its vaporizing moist and building up extra pressure?