Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Click on the thingiverse link in my panel, I have a $1000 machine and it is primarily used for printing and painting figurines and busts, prints in all materials, essentially a replicator 2 clone is a good way to start, honestly I suggest getting something like that, learn and then invest in a $3000 machine because I guarantee you after 6 months with the $1k machine, you will REALLY know what you want , prices will be lower, better technologies out and then you go and buy that $3k machine.
    Thank you for your reply. I have seen your models before on this board, good stuff, the Gremlin head made me relive a lot of nightmares ...
    Is that a Prusa that you use for these models? Which material do you print in? Do you have to do any finishing on your models before painting? You don't use any vapor-bathing, filling, or additional putty modeling I think, or do you?

Are there any printers that you are aware of that produce higher quality prints then yours? Not saying that yours aren't good, but realistically there is always something better.
    I would not mind spending a lot more money for even the tiniest increase in quality. Every bit of quality that the printer adds saves me post-processing work.

Or do you have any experience with the printers that I listed?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Dargonfly View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I have seen your models before on this board, good stuff, the Gremlin head made me relive a lot of nightmares ...
    Is that a Prusa that you use for these models? Which material do you print in? Do you have to do any finishing on your models before painting? You don't use any vapor-bathing, filling, or additional putty modeling I think, or do you?

Are there any printers that you are aware of that produce higher quality prints then yours? Not saying that yours aren't good, but realistically there is always something better.
    I would not mind spending a lot more money for even the tiniest increase in quality. Every bit of quality that the printer adds saves me post-processing work.

Or do you have any experience with the printers that I listed?
    Mine were printed on a Crapforge, which is basically a Duplicator 4.

I won't beat around the bush, don't listen to Andrew. Go and buy one today and start having fun.