Quote Originally Posted by bshadown View Post
Actually the 3D printing systems aré experimenting the same as the inkjet printers 10 years ago, there used to be really crapy inkjet printers and if you wanted it a nice print you have to spend your cash on a láser Xerox or brother printer, both of them really expensive and only aforable for the big companys, but now for some people Its unbeliveable that you were to print in the confort of your home.

From now to the next 5 years, most of the people Will have at léast access to a 3D printer or a 3D printer service near their homes, lets just hope the number of materials increase and give us more options to créate anything that we want. Cheers
Do we all remember impact printers? then bubble, ink, laser jets?

As Far as I see it, we are at the dot matrix phase now, what took 15 years in the printing industry will take half that in the 3D printing industry not only due to better tech, but availability and open source. I still can't believe I see people laughing at 3D printing and saying it's just a passing fad, if they took a closer look they would realise it's going to be bigger than sliced bread.