Close

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Sourcing and building my own reprap was a big challenge but everyting is working ok. Now is learning howto make my own objects with 3d software the biggest challenge I'm facing.

It is difficult to design and print in the first try some mechanical parts that fit together perfectly.

3D design software, Slicing Software and optimal placing of models for printing.

understanding the limitations of different technology (FDM vs laser sintering). learning to work with different machines tolerances

The software is crazy if you have never used something like this. There seems to also be a ton of small idiosyncrasies to deal with. Not saying it isn't all fun, cause it is!

As a person with no engineering background whatsoever, everything is the most difficult thing about it to me!

Metal printers and 5 axis printers. Would really love to see those in action so I can become more familiar with how they work.

What clearance is needed for parts to fit together - able to be inserted together but still remain tight fitting

Follow wpilgrim On Twitter Add wpilgrim on Facebook Add wpilgrim on Thingiverse
    It is hard to pinpoint one aspect. It was definitely a learned process. Through tweaking my machine, upgrading various items on it, banging my head on failed prints, scouring forums. Multiple tweaks, and lots of Ah-hA moments have taught me a lot and I am still learning... Currently learning the intricacies of flexible filaments

calibration and maintenance for your 3d printer.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast