Hi, I've been following the Peachy Printer project for a while now and have also supported it via backerkit, but alas I'm no beta tester. If I were I'd try this idea myself, in lieu of which I can at least suggest it here.

Like many others I suspect that the holes in prints are caused by surface tension during the raising of the resin level. To fix this, while keeping costs down and continuing in a very Peachy style, I suggest a second drip feed or, more accurately, a drip drain.

1. Attach a new drip that is able to drain the printing tank; a drip drain.
  2. Use the existing drip feed to raise the level further than desirable for the new layer, ensuring that the resin overflows properly.
  3. Lower the level via the drip drain, reducing the thickness of the layer.
  4. Print the layer.

This has certain advantages over other techniques.
  • Because we're not moving the printed object or displacing the water by pushing something into it, no waves are introduced.
  • Because the drip drain would be mechanically identical to the existing drip feed, established techniques could be easily adapted.
  • Because the drain and the feed would operate at different times, both could be controlled through the same audio jack. Just use software to track which drip is operating.

Of course, there are also disadvantages.
  • It's extra hardware, so extra cost (but hopefully not much).
  • The drained fluid has to go somewhere, presumably a third tank. Cumbersome, but perhaps acceptable. Just stack the print tank on top of the drain tank.

But, if it works, it could save a LOT of hassle.