Close

Hybrid View

Peachy Printer Founder
    Feign Thank you so much for the suggestion ... ive been using a bunch of razor blades stuck to a hollowed out magnet, by sliding the blads up to the beam scatter I can reduce it, but i love the threaded hole idea.... i have a piece of solid graphite ( quite black ) im going to try threading that now.

I have been theorizing exactly the scatter reduction technique you speak of on our white board, good to know with some confidence that multiple apertures is worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    Feign Thank you so much for the suggestion ... ive been using a bunch of razor blades stuck to a hollowed out magnet, by sliding the blads up to the beam scatter I can reduce it, but i love the threaded hole idea.... i have a piece of solid graphite ( quite black ) im going to try threading that now.

I have been theorizing exactly the scatter reduction technique you speak of on our white board, good to know with some confidence that multiple apertures is worth trying.
    Easy fix for this:

Make some kind of foil holder mechanism that will attach onto the laser diode module. Inside this foil holder will be three discs of aluminum foil (basically like your instructional video, except with three foils within it).

Then perform the same hole making action but pierce through all three foils at once. The only thing is that it would need to be very straight.

You could probably try it easily with some big washers for spacers, with foil folded between them and crumpled on the sides to hold it all together.

For the actual implementation, have the foil holder as part of the peachy frame, and use 4 laser cut plastics before the first foil to line up and guide the hole piercing probe and ensure it being straight. This should keep everything aligned with the laser cut frame and reduce human errors.

Or, make an alignment tool with 4 laser cut plastics for when you need to pierce the triple hole.

- UD
    Last edited by User_Defined; 08-23-2014 at 11:24 AM.