Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well I made a new clip - 'cos you know I've got some 3d printers and it occurred to me - belatedly - that I could lol.
    I've made much smaller items in the past.

So now I have a pure white screen.

I can't see how the ribbon cable could be held any more firmly or pressed tighter against the contacts.
    So that's that.

I've got a 1.1 board and screen coming today.
    The wifi module connector looks identical to the one I've currently got installed.
    I have yet to load the clever firmware that lets you actually do something useful with the module.
    But that would have been useful yesterday so I'll have to dig that up again and see what I can do with it.

In fact the board picture looks identical - so maybe some difference in the main chip - no idea.
    The only visible difference I can find is that the picture on amazon says 1.1 and mine says 1.2.
    Other than that I think it's socket for socket identical.
    Thanks for the offer :-)

I did try uploading a file to the sdcard via the simplify3d control panel, abut all it did was try to print.
    Some gcode mismatch apparently.
    Plus it doesn't actually transfer the gcode file itself, which would only take a few minutes, it uploads it one command at a time.
    Which is just totally impractical.

So just waiting for phoebe to tell me the amazon man is here :-)

And try and figure out why the latest update for flightsim 2020 does nothing but go round in circles and prevents the program from being used.
    At times i really really hate microsoft...

On a positive note the system i built for my client last year to play flightsim on - is now worth more than it was when i built it lol
    Talk about a weird situation in computers at the moment. The graphics card has doubled in price and you can pretty much write your own cheque for the processor.
    Crazy world.

Obviously I'll try the new screen first before i start replacing the whole thing.

The clip header was a bastard to measure, but the clip I made looks good. The cable is locked in solid.
    So who knows.

just refitted cable and it's now back to normal picture, but the touch is still buggered.
    So with luck all I'll need to do is change the screen over.
    So yay for me and my clip :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-27-2021 at 07:50 AM.