Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

What about a depot for resigns and a pump, that adds small amount of resign to the tank while printing. In that way, at least a the color and stiffnes of the print can be changed in a layer and perhaps locally, with small amout of resign and good timing?

it would be cool to have a peachy printer mini. it would be kinda like the pro unit (self contained, with an enclosure, but would be small (print area of 3x3x4). you could take with you to places, and it could be bluetooth capable, so it could print from your mobile phone.

just a thought

I think they talked about getting the printer able to print form a cell phone, and if they succeed in that you could just connect a wireless handset to both the printer and the phone.

So elsewhere I was reading about the possible problems with surface tension in the resin and how heating it may be a way to lower the viscosity and hence the surface tension. How about simply adding something simple, like say an aquarium heater to the salt water storage tank? By heating the water you will raise the temp of the resin as well, and have a steady supply of fresh heat entering the system to keep temps stable. The heaters are limited in range, so that overheating should not be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbot1 View Post
    So elsewhere I was reading about the possible problems with surface tension in the resin and how heating it may be a way to lower the viscosity and hence the surface tension. How about simply adding something simple, like say an aquarium heater to the salt water storage tank? By heating the water you will raise the temp of the resin as well, and have a steady supply of fresh heat entering the system to keep temps stable. The heaters are limited in range, so that overheating should not be an issue.
    I like the idea (the surface tension issue has been bothering me) but I feel once the water gets from the top tank to the bottom it will have lost most of it's heat.
    Maybe a beer warming matt or even a USB cup warmer?

Quote Originally Posted by jontelling View Post
    I like the idea (the surface tension issue has been bothering me) but I feel once the water gets from the top tank to the bottom it will have lost most of it's heat.
    Maybe a beer warming matt or even a USB cup warmer?

I really don't think there would be much heat loss there. We are using nylon tubing normally, which has a low thermal conductivity and fairly fast flow rates. I do agree that finding a way to heat the build tank would be much better, just looking for the simple, quick and cheap fix here.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbot1 View Post
    I really don't think there would be much heat loss there. We are using nylon tubing normally, which has a low thermal conductivity and fairly fast flow rates. I do agree that finding a way to heat the build tank would be much better, just looking for the simple, quick and cheap fix here.
    True, you should lose too much heat. I'd say those usb heaters are cheap, i think the ones i looked at were £2.50, that has to be cheaper than fish-tank heater.

Student
    Hi, i'm looking into the peachy printer, and I'm excited to order one,but i'm worried with the delay on shipping and release?
    and,
    Is there any update on even the month of when they get release?

Quote Originally Posted by TruePrints3D View Post
    Hi, i'm looking into the peachy printer, and I'm excited to order one,but i'm worried with the delay on shipping and release?
    and,
    Is there any update on even the month of when they get release?
    They have reached the v1.0 stage, so now it's just a matter of getting the manufacture of the final units done and shipped out. Hopefully they'll be able to clear out the backlog of shippments this year!

(I think we all are looking forward to getting our's!)

Here is my suggestion:

What will we all need once we have the Peachy 3D printer? Resin, resin, resin. Means, lots of shipping. And liquid resin is heavy. Means: it is going to be be very expensive, inside the country, and even more outside the country. High costs are always a limit to the repeated sales of new resin and even of the printer self.

Here is my suggestion
    Try producing the resin as powder. That makes it light-weight, lowers the shipping costs significantly, and at the location of the buyer (s)he can purchase locally the liquid chemical that produces liquid resin from the powder. Besides the significantly reduced shipping costs, less protection is needed to avoid the bottle to burst open and spill the precious contents all over, minimum cleaning problems since this cannot happen anymore,, and less cautious measurements since there is no liquid involved anymore during shipping. This is my suggestion.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast