Close

Hybrid View

Here is my suggestion:

What will we all need once we have the Peachy 3D printer? Resin, resin, resin. Means, lots of shipping. And liquid resin is heavy. Means: it is going to be be very expensive, inside the country, and even more outside the country. High costs are always a limit to the repeated sales of new resin and even of the printer self.

Here is my suggestion
    Try producing the resin as powder. That makes it light-weight, lowers the shipping costs significantly, and at the location of the buyer (s)he can purchase locally the liquid chemical that produces liquid resin from the powder. Besides the significantly reduced shipping costs, less protection is needed to avoid the bottle to burst open and spill the precious contents all over, minimum cleaning problems since this cannot happen anymore,, and less cautious measurements since there is no liquid involved anymore during shipping. This is my suggestion.

Student
    I'm wondering how many additives could be added and how thin it could be diluted as a binder with additives. In my dealings with learning about ceramics I discovered that various materials strengthened the end product after diluting. I know the same thing is also done in the plastics industry. Everything from graphite to fiber glass. One advantage here with the liquid bed is not having to worry about clogs with these materials. The limits being the viscosity of the material to allow for proper layering. This is a magical world right now with many unexplored realms and possibilities. I am sure the sellers of these resins don't want you to know these kinds of things. Who will discover the best dilution ratios. Who will discover UV activated caking material that can later be hardened with various other processes. Materials as strong as some found in labs today. Today Yoda figures, tomorrow planet MARS