Hi,
If I translate your text properly mass is the problem!? Inertia as they call it (I agree that could be problem). This is motorized “gimbals” :-D . What is interesting to now is “speed” of moving laser beam necessary to do proper work. My proposal is simple way to control device laser beam to hit surface directly. Not through mirrors reflection. Hope there are some electric driven devices (small pancake stepper motors) with high torque and enough speed to do the job. Bubble burst is not at all case. It is idea (for the next iteration in R&D) how to make product printing head more solid. Changing (ageing) mirrors would be fiddling job, replacing laser body and electronic is much easier. You have limited movements x and y axis 30 degrees each (not full 90 degrees). Yes, this is “The Peachy Printer Suggestion Thread”. More people involved (in thinking and presenting thoughts!) are key to get best results. My motive to write here is not money or fame. For me goal is if one of my ideas becomes alive in this project no one happier than me. Or my idea from bubble will provoke younger / older people much more and better educated in sophisticated technologies like this. And that is also something I would like to start too.
Keep up good work and “Live long and Prosper!”