First off,

You should know that now I have joined this blog, that it will now become very uncool and corporatized. As it seams about the time I learn about these resources, that somehow it appears to be the time they start breaking down. Therefore I am not cool. I have now jinxed you....hopefully not.

Okay,

My concern with this is the effect of moisture on resins in this system. This is a brilliant design for the enthusiast and hopefully those struggling with practical applications. Right now I see this most potential with it being used as a casting die. Being I don't see 5 axis fused filament 3d printers coming to market in order to print the quality for a small scale production, the casting direction is probably where it will be for the struggling inventors. So with effects on moisture this is probably no concern.

Regardless, my proposed solution is possibly a two fold or combination of ideas that could be used individually or apart. The first being the most simple solution is does it have to be a saline solution? Is it possible to find similar solutions that are friendlier to resins with similar buoyancy? The combo idea here is a solid third buoyancy layer. A solid layer that remains partitioned between the buoyancies would possible solve this and additionally, a few other problems. The idea that a solution that is friendlier to resins wouldn't have to be so precise in its buoyancy. A partitioned solid layer would provide greater differentials in buoyancy, allowing for more tolerances. in conjunction with this idea, providing a solid print platform solves many problems. Greater offset tolerances for objects that are not balanced in buoyancy relative to mass. Also allows for stability within any turbulence issues outside normal parameters. Possibly even a few more issues solved. Perhaps a floating build plate that has a great refract index for perfecting the focus of beams. Yes, the 3d printing industry is lucky I am too busy focused on my other ideas.

The greatest rocket scientist that ever lived,

-Robert