Close

Hybrid View

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I do not own a Creality Ender 5 plus, though most Cartesian style 3D Printers are similar and requires very few changes to adapt firmware from one to another.

I learned the Marlin firmware very quickly by helping others with these very similar Cartesian style 3D Printers.
    An have noted that even using the same configuration on different versions of Marlin can make the stepper motors louder or quieter, an may require minor adjustments.

One Example
    I experienced was Marlin 2.x.x my 3D Printers became quite a mice after flashing to all versions of Marlin 2.
    An even quieter correctly adjusting the Stepper current and tweaking the feed-rates, Jerk, Acceleration and enabling S_CURVE_ACCELERATION

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    I do not own a Creality Ender 5 plus, though most Cartesian style 3D Printers are similar and requires very few changes to adapt firmware from one to another.I learned the Marlin firmware very quickly by helping others with these very similar Cartesian style 3D Printers.An have noted that even using the same configuration on different versions of Marlin can make the stepper motors louder or quieter, an may require minor adjustments. One Example I experienced was Marlin 2.x.x my 3D Printers became quite a mice after flashing to all versions of Marlin 2.An even quieter correctly adjusting the Stepper current and tweaking the feed-rates, Jerk, Acceleration and enabling S_CURVE_ACCELERATION
    Thanks for that. My steppers are currently almost silent, just not going in the right direction, it seems! If I ever get Marlin configured via Cheetah, I'll certainly take a look at what you suggest.Gordon

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Post your configuration,h file for Marlin the version number.
    I will be look see what I can do.

My end-stop / home config.

Code:
    // Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
    #define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    #define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    #define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    #define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    #define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    #define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
    #define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to same logic as "Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING.

// Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.
    #define INVERT_X_DIR false
    #define INVERT_Y_DIR false
    #define INVERT_Z_DIR true

// Direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
    // :[-1,1]
    #define X_HOME_DIR -1
    #define Y_HOME_DIR -1
    #define Z_HOME_DIR -1
    1st part of code direction location of the end-stop.
    2nd part of code direction to the end-stop / Home boundaries.

Student
    Thanks for offering to help.I think this is version # - #define CONFIGURATION_H_VERSION 02000901And - define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.#define I_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.#define J_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.#define K_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.#define I_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.#define J_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.#define K_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // Set to true to invert the logic of the probe.// Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.#define INVERT_X_DIR false#define INVERT_Y_DIR false#define INVERT_Z_DIR false// Direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN// :[-1,1]#define X_HOME_DIR 1#define Y_HOME_DIR 1#define Z_HOME_DIR -1//#define I_HOME_DIR -1//#define J_HOME_DIR -1//#define K_HOME_DIR -1I can also find a way to send you a copy of my actual configuration.h and my configuration_adv.h if that would help.Gordon